Head of Technology
Having just closed a major funding round and in late stages of an ASX IPO, Bridge is rapidly scaling development teams and needs a Head of Technology with both technical and leadership experience to take the company to the next level. With challenges in the broader economy, Bridges’ mission to improve delivery of government services across Work Force Australia, Disability Employment Services and National Disability Insurance Scheme amongst others has never been more important. Reporting directly to the CEO, you will bring the vision of the company to life including setting the technology path, with the added benefit of knowing that your work will be directly contributing to society.
Bridge builds its SaaS applications in house currency by diversifying the product and will be forming new agile development teams to work on a single platform. Being able to bring the CEO’s, product owners’ & customers’ ideas to life and lead the development teams to technical mastery will be key to the success of your role.
Bridge operates in a predominantly government funded sector that is certain to grow due to existing funding commitments with bi-partisan support.
About The Role
This role will be focused on making strategic technical decisions in architecting a portfolio of products and overseeing the development and dissemination of technology for customers, vendors, and other clients to help improve and increase the business. Main responsibilities include:
- Leading Independent Teams: Employment, NDIS, Core, and Infrastructure
- Building simple, yet proactive architecture for our adaptive IT infrastructure and applications through important strategic technical decisions that will drive our product roadmaps for the next 3-5 years;
- Creating new product specs: Conducting research on the requirements, analyzing existing data structures and product architecture, making important technical decisions that specify how to boost our products;
- Coaching: Reviewing content regarding data structures, APIs, and module breakdowns, and providing the authors with written, technical, and actionable feedback to improve the quality of their work;
- Providing transformational leadership and clear vision for our engineering team to execute on.
About the Successful Candidate
An already accomplished Ruby Tech Lead, you will bring proven experience along with your passion for software products, proactively getting things done and problem solving. Well developed communication skills are a must, as is knowledge and experience of the following:
- Proven managerial skills in scaling up SaaS companies (e.g. self serve, onboarding, provisioning, automation)
- Minimum 8 years experience in Ruby on Rails along with other common libraries such as RSpec.
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented Programming (OOP), MySQL, etc.
- Strong experience with understanding of firewalls, load-balancers, general networking concepts, components and processes.
It is also nice if you have experience in any of the following:
- Infrastructure (Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, OpenStack);
- Monitoring (Prometheus / Grafana).
The Head of Technology must be more than just technical savvy, but needs to have leadership capability in order to lead the organization’s technology team. To achieve market success, excellent leadership qualities are an absolute must such as:
- Decision making and problem solving abilities to work with different people in order to build and manage great products.
- Communicating very well with people in all levels of the organization;
- Possess critical thinking and sound judgment to deal with differing ideas and viewpoints coming from corners of the team;
- Natural authority to resolve any conflicts and disputes in a professional manner. The ability to be innovative, self-managed leader who learns new skills quickly and move at pace;
- Good attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills;
- A growth mindset with a passion for receiving feedback that will help you and your team grow professionally.
Working with Bridge SaaS
Bridge is a gov-tech and reg-tech SaaS company in the government services sector. Our clients assist with the provision of Disability Employment Services, Work Force Australia, and National Disability Insurance Scheme amongst other government services. This sector is one of the few that isn’t impacted by economic recessions, and provides a national level social benefit, making Bridge very well placed for growth. From day one at Bridge, you will join forces with some extraordinary minds to provide secure and professional cloud services to a broad range of users. This is a full-time, long-term position.
Now is the great time to join us, be empowered and be part of our growth phase!